Monday, November 3, 2014

And Then There Were Mum's

..... We all have it in us. That mothering instinct. As girls we played with dolls and dressed up barbies (well most of us) that need to care from the start. Even if, motherhood is not the path one might choose it doesn't take away that nature from within. I don't think anyone can imagine precisely what it might feel like to hold their baby for the first time. To cradle a tiny newborn, to nourish it, to love them unconditionally. 

There are definitely different types of Mum's, neither one better than the next (or there's just a bad mum in general but I won't get into that now). Just as there are different personalities, tastes and interest so is mothering your own little one. I have always been obsessed with babies. I remember as a young child, being the youngest of eight, my first niece being born when I was just four years old. Every time another niece or nephew was born I was so excited to seem him or her to cuddle and tickle and play! I still am that way, some people only have that special love for their own family, and other children don't necessarily mean as much. But not me. 

I started this blog as an outlet for all things "Mum". To possibly help, inspire and innovate others. And if all else fails to just to laugh. Because if theres one thing I've learnt on this journey as a Mum, laughter isnt just needed, its necessary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment